13 February 2006

Snow day

Woke up Sunday morning to the windows of our 11th floor apartment caked in snow.


As per childhood tradition, I had to go out and get a bowl of fresh snow to eat with some molasses drizzled on top. My mom had taught me this trick YEARS ago, and I still do it because it reminds me of home and being a kid.


Then Chad went and made us some softboiled eggs with toast. Its our new obsession since we tried them at Le Pain Quotidien yesterday. (and it finally gave me an excuse to get cute little birch eggcups from Broadway Panhandler.) I love snowdays!

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Hi! Found your blog through...uh, someone sent me your brooklyn bride blog, I think.

Anyway - soft boiled egg and toast soldiers is one of my fav breakfasts, and I'm currently hunting for my ideal egg cup. I'm not sure what it looks like, but I'll know it when I see it, right?

Also - I can never get the top off the egg! I need to find someone who is really good at getting the top off a soft boiled egg and have them give me lessons.